Sunday, March 16, 2008

pulitzer prize 1994 ( Kevin Carter )

This a very famous picture many of us would have seen it .
This is the text that is printed under the picture :

The PHOTO is the "Pulitzer prize" winning photo taken in 1994 during the Sudan famine. The picture depicts a famine stricken child crawling towards an United Nations food camp, located a kilometer away.

>The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat it. This picture shocked the whole world. No one knows what happened to the child, including the photographer Kevin Carter who left the place as soon as the photograph was taken.

>Three months later he committed suicide due to depression.

This picture was taken during the Sudan famine 1994 . When i first saw the picture i felt a lot i was disturbed by it and i searched a lot to know what happened to this kid and the whole story behind this and finally got the information that i wanted . The story behind it is not that sad though . Although you cant actually see it there was a lot of people about. the picutre was taken at an UN food drop and the area was full of people. There was more than one photographer there as well. One of the other photographers, Greg Marinovich, said later that lots of mothers left their children like that to go to the trucks to get the food. You cant carry the child and the food. the child was more than likely fine and was soon reunited with its mother. The photo did do wonders though for the worlds attention on the famine. And about the photographer Kevin karter he was already suffering from clinical depression and was very much a drug addict, taking Mandrax and LSD and all kinds of other hallucinogens. The exposure from the picture made it worse as he was asked everywhere what he did to help the child and what happened to the child. Where he should not in fact have felt any guilt, it did probably start eating at him and all of this culminated in his suicide (he gassed himself in the car). All of this and more can be read in the book Bang-Bang Club written by Greg Marinovich and another photographer.

18 comments:

venue said...

i feel very sad of those children....
i'm too depressed of that incident...
we cannot blame on that photographer because there may be many children like that...may be he has taken only this photo.... there might be even worst case than this...

Anino said...

I felt sad as well upon seeing that picture last year. Thanks for this very informative article. I am glad to know that the boy didn't die.

Adrian Popescu said...

You have been nominated for "Young Blog Awards".
If you agree to be a nominee for March insert the program badge on your blog.
More informations here thank you.
http://www.adipopescu.com/young-...ng-blog-awards/

Adrian Popescu said...

You have been nominated for "Young Blog Awards".
If you agree to be a nominee for March insert the program badge on your blog.
More informations here thank you.
http://www.adipopescu.com/young-blog-awards/

Unknown said...

Sad, very sad! (reminds me of my mom's comment on the table, "do you know how kids out there that are starving and you're wasting your food?")

Unknown said...

I knew the photo was given the award "Pulitzer" but it was not easy to take up the feelings of the photo. and i also feel sad for Mr.Kevin carter feeling so depressed, if he would be alive he could give us some more world photo`s.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that particular make. The prices seeking the velcros were about 350 pounds on every page. But completely I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that particular brand. The prices as regards the velcros were about 320 pounds everwhere. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular make. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 200 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for that exact brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 340 pounds everwhere. But finally I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here shadesnlightz.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Recent Scientific Research shows that closely 50% of all United States grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Homeopathic medicine can be described as natural kind of therapeutic!
[url=http://www.homeopathicdoctors.org/]homeopathic doctors[/url]

Anonymous said...

I'M feeling sad not only for the child but also for the Kevin Carter and many people that were starving to death.
simply if we do not have heart to help the other then we also not have any right to cheat them